List of active policies
How we gather, use and disseminate information for the ENGvle website.
View more information in the University of the West Indies
This policy applies to the following domains:
All personal data is collected and stored in line with the General Data Protection Regulation.
We collect the following data:
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and web access logs
We use this data to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services
We only use personal information that you provide to us for the purpose stated at the time we request it. We do not disclose this information to a third party unless you authorize it or as otherwise permitted by the General Data Protection Regulation.
We retain data in our standard logs.
Web access logs
We may use data in web access logs if there is a security breach and we could use them to trace the breach.
We do not give or sell any information gathered from web access logs to any third party.
We may put small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer by adjusting your web browser preferences. This may interfere with some of the functionality of the site.
- provide essential functionality like making sure you stay logged in
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- help us understand the performance of our marketing activity and improve the relevance of the adverts you see
This data is used by us.